In this assignment, you will explore technological tools and police goals. You will examine the different ways to classify law enforcement technology and the police goals these tools support.
In this module, you have learned about technological tools and innovations in law enforcement and the pros and cons of these tools. For this assignment, you will first select a classification of law enforcement technology from the list below and describe the innovations of that classification. Next, you will identify a specific tool that belongs in that classification and describe what it is and how it works. Then, you will identify which police goal your identified tool best supports and why.
Specifically, the following rubric criteria must be addressed:
- Select a classification of law enforcement technology from the following list and describe the technical innovations of that classification.
- Special Operations
- Command and Control
- Identify a specific tool that belongs in that classification and describe what it is and how it works.
- Identify which of the following seven police goals your tool best supports and why.
- Reduce criminal victimization
- Call offenders to account
- Reduce fear and enhance personal security
- Guarantee safety in public spaces
- Use financial resources fairly, efficiently, and effectively
- Use force and authority appropriately
- Satisfy public demands and achieve legitimacy
What to Submit
This assignment must be completed in a written format. Your response should be one to three pages, using Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Any references should be cited in APA style. See the Shapiro Library APA Style Guidefor more information on citations.