NOTE : I CHOSE TO DO THE HOME RENOVATION
- A home renovation (you may choose the specific project, room addition, kitchen remodel, or bathroom renovation) –
You’ve chosen your project, so you’re ready to communicate with those “customer(s)” and stakeholders who care most about the process and outcome of the project. In this activity, imagine you’ve just finished up an Agreement of Work meeting with your customer(s) where you defined the scope of the project and agreed on the project objectives. Now, you need to write a follow-up email to go over what discussed and agreed upon in the meeting. You will write a professional email to the customer(s) of your project, recapping the goals and objectives, tentative timeline, and potential resources necessary to complete the project. Clear, consistent communication is one of the keys to project management success.
Before beginning this activity, make sure you have:
For this activity, complete the following:
- In the Week 3 Activity template, follow the detailed instructions on page 1.
- Use the provided sample email on page 2 in the template as a guide to write an email to your customer(s) on page 3, recapping your Agreement of Work meeting and suggesting a summary of:
- the goals and objectives of the project.
- a tentative deadline for the project.
- an initial idea of what resources will be needed to successfully complete the project.
- In your email, include and highlight the seven key terms from the textbook provided on the template, using each term correctly and in a professional context.
- A home renovation (you may choose the specific project, room addition, kitchen remodel, or bathroom renovation)