Write a brief summary indicating your knowledge and that you comprehend early childhood content knowledge, its evolution, and its application.
Include the following
- Know the historical and philosophical foundations of education.
- Apply various ways of knowing and understanding to design developmentally effective approaches.
- Integrate knowledge of children and subject matter to design, implement, and evaluate meaningful interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Assess curriculum and teaching materials for relevance, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Implement the standards-based learning that young children encounter in the K-12 system of education.