General Instructions for all “In the News” Assignments
For each this assignment, students will be assigned an article to review followed by some instructions regarding how to specifically analyze the article. Each submission must contain at least two references to substantiate the responses provided. One of the references must be the course textbook. Remember references should coincide with their corresponding citations in the actual presentation. When inserting references and their corresponding citations, students should follow the latest APA format.
All submissions must be in MS PowerPoint, Google Slides, mmhmmLinks to an external site., or PreziLinks to an external site. format (whatever is easiest for the student), and there must be a minimum of 8 slides. Of the 8, there will be one cover slide (at the beginning), and one reference slide (at the end).
“In the News Assignment #1”
All students should review this articleLinks to an external site.. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2023/02/16/5-leading-healthcare-trends-for-2023/?sh=628edcec6c7d
- “Students with a last name beginning with the letter A-M, select one trend ( from 1-3 in the article’s list) to focus on for this assignment.”.
- Read chapter 2 of the course textbook (specifically pages 17 through 26 which focus on knowledge-based and scientific management)
- Select an aspect of knowledge-based OR scientific management related to the prediction.
- The mandatory slides to be included are: 1. cover, 2. a summary of the trend, 3. a general explanation of knowledge-based and 4. a general explanation of scientific management, 5. explanation of how an aspect of knowledge-based OR scientific management relates to the selected prediction, 6. discuss how the trend your current or desired professional career, 7. Provide details *if the selected trend is increasing or fading. This could be somewhat opinionated, but be sure to substantiate opinions with actual facts and data (this is a good slide to leverage external resources and research that’s already been done) 8. References
- Be sure not to over-complicate this submission; follow the slide sequence provided.
- Slides should contain some kind of design. Simple black text on a white background is not acceptable.
- Each slide should contain a photo or graph to coincide with its text.
- A grammar or spell check should be conducted prior to submission.
- Text on the slides should be listed in a bulleted/list format, not huge paragraph chunks. There should be a minimum of 4 bulleted items per slide (but there can be more).
- Audio voiceovers are required for this presentation, and the audio should go beyond just reading the text that is on the slide.