Essay #1 – comparison/contrast essay final draft
Please TYPE the FINAL DRAFT of your Comparison/Contrast Essay and SUBMIT it on CANVAS by 11:59 PM on WEDNESDAY, MAY 13th.
Remember to ADD A HOOK & GENERAL STATEMENTS to your INTRODUCTION , A CONCLUSION (Including Your Opinion about the two articles we read) and ANYTHING ELSE that was MISSING FROM YOUR FIRST DRAFT (such as a Clear Thesis Statement, Subtopics [specific similarities and differences], OR clear Examples and Descriptions in your Body Paragraphs). Please CHECK YOUR SPELLING and GRAMMAR (EDIT) before posting to CANVAS.
Your FINAL DRAFT should have the following 8 parts:
I. An Introductory Paragraph, including:
1. A Hook and several General Statements introducing the topic (Parents and their children’s careers)
2. A Thesis Statement: Describing how the two articles are similar and different.
II. Body Paragraphs (At least 3 paragraphs):
Explaining each of the similarities and differences mentioned in your Thesis Statement and giving detailed descriptions and examples.
(One paragraph = Topic Sentence + at least 2 sentences of description and examples about EACH ARTICLE for a total of at least 5-6 sentences).
III. A Conclusion, including:
1. A restatement of your Thesis Statement (using slightly different words) and the specific similarities and differences between the two articles
2. A Final Thought / Comment (Your opinion about what parts you liked or agree with from each article, which article you liked best, and why)
IV. A Works Cited list, similar to this one from the Sample Comparison Contrast Essay, at the end of your paper:
Feldman, Jeff. “Meet my Kid, an Adorable Environmental Disaster.” The
Hook, 21 February 2013, www.readthehook.com/109160/children
Hymas, Lisa. “I Am the Population Problem.” Rewire News, 25 August
Please use the following format for your typed essay:
1. A 12-POINT FONT size
2. ONE-INCH MARGINS (on Top, Bottom, and Sides)
3. Your NAME, the CLASS NAME, and the DATE in the upper right-hand corner (SINGLE-SPACED)
4. A TITLE in the CENTER of the page (Bold, Underlined, or both)
5. INDENT the First Sentence of EACH PARAGRAPH (5 SPACES or TAB)
6. Make sure YOUR 5 PARAGRAPHS (below the Title) are DOUBLE-SPACED