In this part of the final project, you will consider what happens when a project does not stay on budget or schedule or within scope. You will be given new information about the project being implemented by the company in the case study, A&D High Tech (B): Managing Scope Change (located in the Harvard Business Review area of the course). You will evaluate this information and revise the schedule you developed previously, using Excel or other project management software.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
- Assess resource estimating and scheduling requirements for their impact on the scope, schedule, and budget of projects
- Recommend strategies to minimize the project risk by analyzing scheduling constraints and project requirements
- Develop project schedules that illustrate resource estimating and agile scheduling implementation for supporting and improving sustainable operations
Revised Report: Use the new information provided in the case study to revise the report you developed previously. To do this, you must first examine the changes to the project scope and schedule. Then update section I, part B and section IV of your project management plan. Make your revisions in red font to indicate new material.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Changes: Describe how the scope and timeline of the project have changed. For example, are there any new deliverables? Are there any new tasks that will need to be completed?
- Risk: Describe new sources of risk for the project given the scope and schedule changes. How will these risks impact the project schedule? How can the company minimize these risks?
- Revised Schedule: Create a revised schedule for the project. Make sure to consider new timelines and deliverables presented in the case study.