Healthcare managers should understand the process and steps of formulating an effective management plan that increases access, decreases cost, increases patient safety, and improves the quality of care. As part of the management team, you were asked to prepare a report that highlights the steps involved as well as present it in a meeting.
Analyze the relationships between costs, quality, and access to healthcare in the United States to formulate management practices and principles used in the current healthcare environment.
Formulate a presentation that shows the relationships between costs, quality, and access to healthcare in the United States, and suggest management practices and principles to implement.
Consider the following in your 15-slide presentation:
- Executive summary or agenda
- Increasing access to healthcare in the hospital
- Decreasing costs
- Increasing patient safety and quality care
- Methods used to evaluate the plan
- Management practices and principles you plan to implement
Use the following resource to guide you through the steps in the planning process:
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.