Here is the case:
An 8-year-old overweight male foster child with normal-weight foster parents and overweight biological parents.
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider factors that impact the validity and reliability of various assessment tools and diagnostic tests. You also will review examples of pediatric patients and their families as it relates to BMI.
· Based on the risks you might identify consider what further information you would need to gain a full understanding of the child’s health. Think about how you could gather this information in a sensitive fashion.
· Consider how you could encourage parents or caregivers to be proactive toward the child’s health.
Assignment (3–4 pages, not including title and reference pages)
Assignment: Child Health Case:
Include the following:
· An explanation of the health issues and risks that are relevant to the child you were assigned.
· Describe additional information you would need in order to further assess his or her weight-related health.
· Identify and describe any risks and consider what further information you would need to gain a full understanding of the child’s health. Think about how you could gather this information in a sensitive fashion.
· Taking into account the parents’ and caregivers’ potential sensitivities, list at least three specific questions you would ask about the child to gather more information.
· Provide at least two strategies you could employ to encourage the parents or caregivers to be proactive about their child’s health and weight.