declared March 24, 2021 was declared Equal Payday. Over the years, women with the same or higher qualifications have been doing the same jobs as men, but they have been continually been paid less than men.
The first Equal Pay Act was signed into law in 1963. The second, the Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act (LLEPA), was signed into law by the Obama administration in 2009.
- Identify and explain 2 sources/causes of the gender pay gap.
- Has the combination of these laws made any difference in narrowing the gender pay gap?
- Is addressing the gender pay gap best left in the hands of the capitalists or in the hands of politicians? Pick one. Justify and support your rationale.
- Identify 2 underlying reasons why pay equity has been illusive in the U.S. since the 1960’s.
- Propose 2 concrete solutions to address the gender pay gap in the U.S
Length: about 2-3 pages.