Unit 4 ; health and policy part 2 due 05.09.2022
Policy analysis is a mainstay of any healthcare administrator. The ability to analyze policy from year to year and implement changes determines the behavior of your employees and the risk mitigation of your department and organization. You must be able to effectively communicate the changes needed for the policy. In this Individual Project (IP), you are going to research the current suggestions of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) using the following resources:
Then, analyze the following sample policy:
Purpose: Effective hand hygiene to reduce the incidence of healthcare-associated infections
Policy: All members of the healthcare team will comply with current CDC hand hygiene guidelines.
Procedure Indications for Handwashing
Indications for Handwashing
- Wash hands when hands are visibly dirty.
- Wash hands using antimicrobial soap and water before eating and after using a restroom.
- Handwashing may also be used for routinely decontaminating hands in the following clinical situations:
- Before having direct contact with patients
- After contact with inanimate objects (including medical equipment) in the immediate vicinity of the patient
- After removing gloves