1. How can the study of aphasia advance out knowledge of language processing and language development?
2. What do games like peek-a-boo and This Little Piggy do to facilitate language development? What are some of the characteristics that these games share with adult conversations?
3. Discuss some ways that culture, gender, and socioeconomic factors can influence (both positively and negatively) language development?
4. Explain the challenges of referring a bilingual child for language evaluation. What do professionals recommended when evaluating a second language learner?
5. Provide one piece of evidence, with an example, to support the nativist (nature) point of view on language development. Then provide one piece of evidence with an example, to support the constructionist (nurture) point of view.
6. What are some of the strategies caregivers use to facilitate language? In your answer you may want to discuss adaptive techniques. Such as IDS and elaborative techniques such as parallel talk.